Pages

Friday, June 16, 2017

Shifting your mind (day 89)

First of all,
These were my goals to reach in just 100 days:


1. Getting to a weight of 69 kg by the end of these 100 days

2. Achieving a daily structure that involves: relaxation, work, study, and exercise


And I have to be honest that even when I haven't fully reached that first goal yet, I have learned so much from going on this blogging journey.
But we aren't there yet. Still 11 days to go.
I have been planning my weeks since the start of this project. I made a schedule with all the important things to do, appoinments, and actions to take.
I have started to get used to making these schedules for myself and they give me a good aim for my weekly goals.
I also worked with a weekly to do list for my goals as well as those schedules.
I have come a little bit further on my journey. I have changed my job which gives me so much peace of mind. I've become very good at improvising solutions to problems very quickly thanks to overthinking solutions to different scenarios before hand. Somehow it has made me better, more innovative and quicker to improvise.
So there is a huge mindshift happening within me. While my first 100 day experiment helped me to become more confident, this journey of 100 days that I did a lot more loosely has helped shifting my mind in other ways. The best thing is that I have regained new passion for cooking healthier foods and making it more fun for myself. Losing weight should not be a punishment!  Since a few weeks I found my mind asking for the healthy stuff, even on my busiest of days. I had lots of fruits and veggies as 'snacks' in between meals. I ate salads, soups, and made fun dishes with lowfat meat or fish and nice combinations of veggies.
I didn't take away everything I loved, I just decided to stick to some simple rules. I made Jamie Oliver's broccoli salad this week because I wanted to challenge myself to find a dish in which I could like broccoli. I know it sounds insane though. I'm discovering so much and I'm having fun with it.
I cannot really explain right now how this mindshift happened, but I will have a good reflection on it soon. I hope you enjoy and learn from my journey as well.

Much love,
Rainbow

No comments:

Post a Comment