Pages

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Rainbow's recipe's - Pizza time





Pizza is my favourite thing in the world I think.
I am really capable of hopping in my car and driving all the way to Italy to have their pizza.
But the next best thing is to make your own home-made pizza.
One of the greatest blessings ever is that I have had my boyfriend teach me how to do this.
Once you know how, it will change your life forever.
The fair warning to come with this is that you will most likely become a snob like me when it comes to pizza. Meaning you will not want to touch deepfrozen ones ever again.
Let's get baking! You can use prepacked yeast and regular flower if you want, but type 00 and fresh yeast will make a huge difference!



Oven should be hot! Mine does not go hotter than 230 celcius, but if yours does embrace the high temperature here. Whack it up to 300 celcius if you can.

250 gr of Type 00 flower
Fresh yeast
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
1 table spoon of olive oil
About 100 ml of lukewarm water

A bowl
A rollingpin

Passata

Start by activating your fresh yeast in preparation. Here is a handy: how-to
Get your bowl out and put your flour in there. Make a little hole in the middle. Add your salt and sugar to the bowl and mix very well. This is important, because when it is not mixed properly and you add the yeast, the salt will deactivate the yeast.
Make little hole and add your yeast at this point. Mix well.
Make a little hole and add the olive oil. Mix well.
Now lastly add your lukewarm water. It has to be lukewarm because it will help the rising.
Bring together the dough in a ball. I suggested about 100 ml of water, but you may need a little bit more. It is important that the dough can come together.
Put a little bit of flower on your working space. Take the dough out of the bowl and now the kneading can begin. Make sure that your working space stay floured to prevent sticking.


I find it easiest to hold the dough in one hand while using the other one to push it away from me. Then I fold it back towards me and just keep repeating this until the dough becomes more elastic. What you need to know is when you knead the dough, the yeast gets more activated and stretched out. This is what creates the light and fluffy crust of the Italian style pizza. I would say that I usually knead it for 5-10 minutes. I know it seems long, but keep thinking: fluffy crust!

When you are done kneading it is time for the dough to rest, so it can rise. Clean your bowl out and put your dough in there covered with a damp teacloth. Make sure you damp your teacloth with lukewarm water again.
Put the bowl in a warm place. Usually I place mine close to the radiator and let it sit for 2 hours.
After an hour you will already see that the dough has risen up quite a bit. So, just punch it down and let it sit again.
I hear you thinking: all that waiting? Yup. Look, do you want a good pizza or not? ;)

After 2 hours we arrive to the exciting part. Making pizzaaaaaa!!
Divide up your dough in 3/4 pieces. Flour your surface and start working that rolling pin, babe!
Getting a round shape can be a bit tough in the beginning, but don't get discouraged. Practice makes perfect. Basically follow this tune: roll it out, move it half way, roll it, move it half way, roll it. I will do a video for you as soon as I get that camera in the summer.

Make sure that your surface stays flowered so the dough doesn't stick to the surface.
I like my pizza very thin, so I keep rolling a long time.
My secret to a round pizza is that I use one of those baking shapes. I roll until the fit in my pizza baking shape and then I put it on the shape obviously before I start topping.

Spread some passata on your pizza. Make sure your pizza is covered, but please don't overdo it! The pizza will be runny when you do and you don't want that.
Just use a spoon, spread it out, and work your pizza like that.
Now you can top your pizza with whatever you want obviously.
But here is another little secret. Use different kinds of cheeses on your pizza.
I usually use this mix: a young cheese, an older cheese, parmesan and mozzerella (preferably buffalo mozzerella)
Get creative.
Pizza making is so much fun!




                                                              (my pizza veggie!)

                                                         
Before whacking it in the oven I usually top it with some pizza spices. Nothing more than an italian mix of herbs.

Depending on the heat of your oven, bake it between 4 - 10 minutes.
The dough should not be soft anymore when you take it out. For my temperature I usually do 8-10 minutes, but the hotter the oven the less time it needs.

Enjoy your pizza and thank you for giving my recipe a chance!







No comments:

Post a Comment